Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's a Tradition!!!

It's that time again. It's time to take our annual camping trip to Flaming Gorge (or George if you are 6 and just learning to read) with my parents. Nevermind that last year was the first time we have done this, that we have done this exactly "once in a row", it is still thought of as a tradition. Last year was one of those times in life when you look around you in mid vacation and realize that everything is perfect. No one throwing temper tantrums, no one sick or sunburned, no rain, wind or wild fires threatening the fun, no snakes in the tipi, hot mountain days and mild moonlit nights...ahhhhh. And the jewel in the crown... a community shower and sparkling clean bathrooms... a must for serious campers such as myself.

I can remember priceless few times in my life that I could pinpoint perfection in mid "doing" of a moment. I can only imagine my report of our trip will fall far short of last year's. But we will strive for new memories and new experiences (hoping none of them include snakes in the tipi) and if we are lucky I will pause mid week (next week) and for just one moment realize that our "once in a row" tradition is giving my children days to remember.

What time in your life did you reach vacation nirvana?
Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape