Friday, June 02, 2006

Rule number one to writing... write something, anything everyday...

"Ha!" I said.

I am not a writer. I mean I would like to be but something about having to find topics of great import seems to be too heavy a burden to me. I might be able to squeak out a personal narrative from time to time but let's face it... I haven't had the most exciting and personal fullfilling life so far. One can only write about life's quiet desperation for so long before people tire and take you off their blogroll.

I mentioned this to my friend Carla as we sat in a bar one night writing stand up for her show. She asked me why I didn't write. I finally confessed my dirty little secret. "I'm just a girl who cannot finish complete sentences." She looked at me squarely in the eye... you know the type... the kind of friend who knows you better than sometimes you would like them to. "Oh! Michelle, so you are a poet!"

"Ha!" I said again.

I say that a lot...perhaps there is a poem in there somewhere...
Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape