Thursday, February 16, 2006

One More Rant from the Gem State...

Well I didn't really expect them to shut up so they didn't really disappoint me.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-feb1506-marriage_amendment.2dcfa39d.html

After voting 26 to 9 to bring HJR2 "to the people" this November, crowds of kinda creepy people were clapping and elated. For a minute I thought I was watching the powerball lottery instead of the peanut gallery at the state legislature. Of course, one person was weeping. Nicole LaFavour. She is Idaho's token lesbian. I say that because as an aside I have grown sick of never hearing about her unless it has something to do HJR2. I am pretty sure she does many wonderful things for the people in the district who elected her. But being myopic I suppose the media doesn't think it news worthy. When gay marriage pops up they get a flash of brilliance "Hey! Let's go talk to that lesbian chick!" Even better if they catch her heart felt reaction to this asinine proposition.

Damn. I suppose I owe her office a phone call. See if there is anything I can do. Carry a sign, community outreach...guess I need to start wearing my Vote NO HJR2 t-shirt and putting up with the rolling eyes from those belonging to the country club that is supposedly under siege.
Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape