Sunday, December 25, 2005

Cartwheels turn to car wheels thru the town...

And they tell him,
Take your time, it won’t be long now
Till you drag your feet to slow the circles down...


My baby got a car from Santa.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He grinned and asked coyly how I thought Santa managed to get it into his sleigh. For just a split second I saw him. The little him and I wished that circle could reverse. Just for a little bit. Long enough to smell him as baby. To feel him on my lap wiggling around. Struggling on tip toe to reach the front door handle. I am a sappy mother. There are moments when it feels as if God himself reaches down and taps me on the shoulder as if to say,

"PAY ATTENTION TO THIS MOMENT...IT MATTERS, THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE...AGAIN"

I had the realization that my first born was still my baby when number 2 was days from birth. (Boy did that one throw me for a loop) Once time stood still as I watched that same baby being swallowed up by a huge middle school building. I cried that morning sitting in the school parking lot. I didn't cry this morning. Perhaps I am evolving. But I am teary as I type this so maybe I am just getting slow in my old age.

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and dawn
We’re captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return we con only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Merry Christmas to all the parents out there who might have felt that same tap on the shoulder this morning. It will be okay...I think.
Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape