Friday, November 25, 2005

Surviving Thanksgiving

Well its over. I said goodbye to my husband this morning at 3am. He left with a brave handsome face and a good tie to face Black Friday. I said goodbye to my parents and sent them off over the Blue Mountains in a horrible freezing rain. Here I sit, still in the new jammies that my parents got me for Christmas. I can't help but wonder how I ended up so incredibly blessed. I sit here in this beautiful house in my jammies only because of my husband who willingly got up at 3 am and does so unfailingly every year. Yesterday as I fussed with my makeup and hair, 300 miles away a woman not so different from me had her beautiful dark brown hair shaved completely off in preperation for the side effects of the chemo she is undergoing. Everywhere I look I see people I love struggling with situations in their lives as I seem to sit here untouched by most of everything. It makes me wonder why. It makes me reevaluate my participation in lessening the pain and the hurt my friends and family feel. Do I do enough? Do I do anything? What should I do? And how can I ever justify feeling down about ANYTHING in my life. I haven't worked for it, its all been given to me. I sit here wanting for nothing except a piece of leftover pie for breakfast. That will be quickly remedied by a short walk to the kitchen. My cup runeth over. Happy Thanksgiving!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/itsemagain/IMGP6508.jpg






Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape