Saturday, September 02, 2006

Who's Nina and Where Did She Go?

Once upon a time there was a very young girl who woke up one morning and announced that her name was really Nina and that she expected everyone to call her that. To this day no one in my family knows where Nina came from. I have searched my heart, my mind, my psyche to no avail. Nina was just there and made herself known one day.

My family acquiesced and called me Nina. I don't really know for how long but I remember that when they would call me that it didn't feel as if I were playing a game. It felt as if I really was Nina. Then one day long after Nina came she just disappeared and I became Michelle again. Nina was forgotten and life went on for decades.

Recently, after some major introspection I ran across the story of Nina. And suddenly found her dancing in the moonlight laughing as does a little girl who has been hiding from her parents. We met again. Nina full of joy, Michelle full of fear. In the same roles we were in decades earlier. Though it seems Nina is more joyful and I am just more tired.

I am glad to have her back. She lightens my step and directs my muse. She reminds me of all that is good in life. She reminds me to dance in the moonlight. I am thinking about legally adding her to my name. Giving her a bigger voice in the world which she has lived so silently for years. A few close friends have already started calling me Nina and you know what? It still doesn't feel like I am playing a game. Nina is home. Welcome home Nina.
Upload Your Own Video and Images - Putfile

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape